Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Greatest Irony Called 'Life'


A photograph I managed to snag and take amidst all our busy schedules in our last weeks as high school students. Starting from the male and going to the right: Reymond Q., Nestle C., Shane R., Lyn Jean L., and Trina G.
These people are five of the eight members of a group called The Anim8z, and they're also my best friends! My high school wouldn't have been complete if I hadn't met these pretty hyper people. Having them as classmates and friends for four straight years is really energy-depleting! Imagine having to put up with all their bickering, the shouting, the teasing, the fights, the cold shoulders with some of them, and even the giddy giddy smiles they give you. But I wouldn't trade that for anything! Indeed, having the valedictorian and the salutatorian as your friends is tiring (with them arguing about math equations, chemical formulas and English grammar is just infuriating.). But the smile pasted on my lips is enough proof that I enjoyed every infuriating moment I had with them.
The day I took this photo, I kidnapped them from dance practice and held them hostage at the area where we always met. I didn't get to kidnap our valedictorian (Rebecca R.) and salutatorian (Aubrey P.) for the teacher has her eyes on them almost 24/7! Geez, what a life they must live. And, of course, I wasn't in this picture too. Who would get such a fine photo if I didn't have the camera in the palm of my hands?? (narcissistic much? well, yes.) So, yeah, I'm going to describe my friends for you all!


  • --->Reymond Q: well, he's the only guy in our group. And, no, he's not gay I assure you. He's just metro. (Reymond, don't kill me). He is geek number 3. He promised that he'll protect and take care of us. He has two sisters and is really overprotective of them. His favorite color is blue. He puts wax, not gel, in his hair. He is head over heels in love with Penshoppe (LOL).

  • --->Nestle C: Nessie, is a very very hyper kid. I can't even get on a decent online conversation with her because all she types is 'hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha'. Is that even normal? And she would often randomly change topics of personal conversations depending on her mood...and she does that abruptly. She has curly hair. She claims that her favorite color is black but I can see that more than half of her things are pink. She is a very religious person and you can, surprisingly, get a good advice from her when you get lucky.

  • --->Shane R: I actually don't understand this person. We have a conflict of interests..hmm...but we do agree on some other things, like when we go to the mall and we just secretly criticize just about everything! But, most of the time, we just don't get along very well. Her favorite color is blue. She is head over heels in love with MSU and her cellphone. She's the youth president of their church (Iglesia ni Cristo).

  • --->Lyn Jean L: This smart girl is my friend!! wooooh!!...she's a smarty pants, you know. She's the only one who could get me to a decent verbal battle about anything. She specializes in science and some in math. I don't know if she's emo or what..lolz.. She is a suuuuuuuuuuuuper responsible person, and she's younger than I am! She acts way older than her age, though. She has a mind of a 20-year old person! She likes the color white... She is suuuuuuuuuuuuuper religious!

  • --->Trina G: Here is someone I've known since I was nine in 4th grade. She is smart, but can get lazy sometimes. Man, this person can see through you! Freakishly true! Then, like her best friend Nestle, you can never talk to her over the phone and just catch up. Trina will fall asleep still holding the phone if you do. Crazy over purple here. She can be suuuuper dense (but not as dense as Aubrey).

  • --->Rebecca R: The Valedictorian!! She's one hell of a smarty pants! She can memorize a book! Nah, I'm exaggerating. But, yeah, she's smart! And she shrieks! Her voice can sometimes be irritating especially when you weren't able to sleep the night before and you have a headache or something. Another fact, I can't study well without her. She's always been my study partner from second year up to the 4th. She likes pink, so that practically makes her the enemy of our group color-wise.

  • --->Aubrey P: The Salutatorian! She is geek number 2. The leader and administrator of Bluz group in Friendster. She is a genius when it comes to computers and she is my co-founder in our high school's computer group, Gateway. I consider her as one of my 'bestest' friends among the group because we get along as if we read each other's minds! She was considered as a weirdo and a 'hungkag' in our class because she was so dense people doubted that she'll notice the room is on fire or something. Gradually, she learned to open up to us and is very dedicated to our group. Her fave color is blue, obviously.

  • --->Angela S: They say I'm moody, temperamental, unstable, creepy etc...I just laugh to that. It's not entirely true afterall. Oh yeah, I'm moody. I'm temperamental. I'm creepy. But I'm not unstable...grabe naman yun. I also hate a lot of things, but I do like a whole lot more! I am a perfectionist especially in the way of the words and house arrangements. I have mild to moderate OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). It's when I want to have things in near-perfection. People say that the first thing they notice about me is my eyes...and, no, that is not wrong grammar. I have creepy eyes and that makes people think I'm suplada..hahaha..I like Japanese animation (that's basically why I'm a member of the Anim8z). I like many colors: blue, black, bloody red, lavander, and really strong pink. Yes, I'm admitting it, I like pink..but ONLY super duper dark and strong pink.

Friendship is something you can't really erase completely. Even if you had arguments, think of this: What kind of relationship do you have if you just feel happy all the time? It would be a boring relationship, right? There's no thrill in that. Arguments are said to make relationships last longer and grow stronger. Life is an irony that way. So, before I get too engrossed in this blog entry and just type whatever I want and start rambling like I do now, I'm gonna stop right here...lawl
-Angela M. Songcayauon-

No comments:

Post a Comment